Labels

Friday 2 March 2012

Update

Hello again...Ok so I need to get into the swing of writing on this blog more regularly! I am gardening, I just keep forgetting to update my blog :(
So my mammoth seed planting extravaganza continues in the new polytunnel;


I am in the process of having a good sort out of my seeds. I have packets everywhere; in boxes, bags, indoors, outdoors. In order to keep track of them all I now have a fab storage system (A very nice gift from a young man :) ) Its basically a hardware type cabinet with lots of little drawers. I wanted an apothecary type chest but they are a bit out of my budget :( . Anyway it looks like this will do the trick along with my plastic DVD storage unit which is going to hold any bulbs/ larger seed packets.
I'm still collecting the seeds from my garden - if you don't do this then you definitely should! I save myself a lot of money by doing this. The only trouble I have is working out what seeds I can use and what not. Luckily I have a fab gardening book collection that I can call on and perhaps my expert gardener mother who knows everything!! I had the challenge the other day of trying to work out if you can collect seeds from a Bacopa Snowflake. My books decided that this was a pond plant for some reason (its not!) and I only found one reference on google. Anyway it would seem you need to take cuttings from this plant....this is not great since mine died a while ago! I am tempted to try and plant what I think could be seeds anyway just to see what (if anything) happens - probably not much but then that's part of the fun of gardening..experimenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment