Labels

Monday 20 February 2012

Raised Bed



This is one of my current projects - a raised bed. Its in the front garden and basically I decided to put it there as  the front is mostly grass and not a lot of planting. Also the lawn is not great in patches so I am going to try and re-lay the turf I have dug up into another part of the lawn which is struggling. You can probably see the turf behind the bed waiting for me to sort it out! 
So this bed was quite easy to make. Luckily I had 2 old, worn scaffolding planks which were cut into two and then screwed at the sides with brackets. We dug out the base of the bed, removed the turf and sank the frame into the ground. 




At the moment it looks rather empty but I have planted a couple of cordyline that I had already and the rest are bulbs at the moment. There is a selection of dahlia, ranunculous, freesia, a Sandra Bernhard peony and tulips. These should look good in a few months time. I will also be adding other bits and pieces along the way so I will keep updating with any developments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment